Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Overseas Arrivals and Departures, Australia, Jun 2011

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Sir Ride Alot, Aug 4, 2011.

1. The outflow from the nanny state continues.

This is good news for those of us that want a less populated Australia and it would have also reduced our carbon emissions. No need for a carbon tax now.

Maybe we should keep Julia after all. Naa just kidding.

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/mf/3401.0?OpenDocument

SHORT-TERM VISITOR ARRIVALS TO AUSTRALIA
     Trend estimates: Short-term visitor arrivals during June 2011 (475,600 movements) decreased 0.5% compared with May 2011 (477,800 movements). This followed monthly decreases of 0.8% in April 2011 and 0.6% in May 2011. The current trend estimate for arrivals is 2.2% lower than in June 2010.

 Seasonally adjusted estimates: During June 2011, short-term visitor arrivals (473,700 movements) recorded a decrease of 2.6% compared with May 2011 (486,300 movements). This followed a monthly increase of 3.8% in April 2011 and a decrease of 1.5% in May 2011.

Original estimates: There were 390,100 short-term visitor arrivals to Australia in June 2011.

SHORT-TERM RESIDENT DEPARTURES FROM AUSTRALIA
     Trend estimates: Short-term resident departures during June 2011 (656,700 movements) increased 1.4% compared with May 2011 (647,600 movements). This followed monthly increases of 1.9% in April 2011 and 1.7% in May 2011. The current trend estimate for departures is 10.9% higher than in June 2010.

 Seasonally adjusted estimates: During June 2011, short-term resident departures (640,700 movements) decreased by 1.3% compared with May 2011 (649,300 movements). This followed a monthly increase of 18.4% in April 2011 and a decrease of 5.8% in May 2011.

Original estimates: There were 727,100 short-term resident departures from Australia during June 2011.

Attached Files:

2. we need all the population we can get, especially of tax-paying age, if the projections of the aging population are to be believed....

3. What about long term residents? They have a slightly larger affect.

4. F'all to do with nanny-statism and everything to do with our currently kick-ass currency. IMHO, of course.

5. You don't like people to holiday and spend their money in Australia? I don't get it.

6. What is more important for Oz, temporary vacationers or visitors of less than 3 months or people who visit and then decide to stay, to become naturalized and for the most part are skilled in key trades?

I say that because I plan on being in Oz around November of 2012 and my goal unless I find it otherwise acceptable to me is to find myself a place, a livelihood and a goal.

Skillwise I have most of it all, a heavy equipment mechanic a welder and fabricator, plant control systems technician and I have extensive concrete knowledge also as being what you blokes call an agitator driver. 16 years driving and being a supervisor.

I have been living in Alaska since 1992 and now I am ready to see more of the world, and Oz looks and sounds like it needs more skilled people.

Yes I am aware its a whole lot warmer there.