Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Overseas Arrivals and Departures, Australia, Apr 2011

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Sir Ride Alot, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Attached Files:

2. Strong dollar, northern summer and a bunch of parochial idiots who don't know they're on a cushy number compared to the rest of the OECD.
  3. Interesting stats, Sir, and thanks for sharing mate.
    I can confirm during the past 1-2mths, that our loads (talking just one carrier here) have been very high. Though Melbourne - Asia flights are generally always filled to the brim.
  4. High aussie dollar most likely
  5. Be interested to see the graphs for previous years.

Though not, needless to say, interested enough to get off my cyber arse and look for myself...........

6. any chance u can fit me in to 1 of your flights? so we can go camel toe hunting? :D
  7. :LOL: I wish mate...I wish !
  8. Many would also be immigrants going to see their families in their homeland.
  9. Very true mate.
  10. I’ve been tracking this for a while now and it seems many are not coming back. Net outflow is approximately 100,000 per month taking it to around one million per annum. One would expect this to turn around but to date nothing. Could explain why there is a big push for immigration.

Meanwhile motorcyclists and their hard earned dollars must be looking pretty attractive to regional areas.

The regions with the higher speed limits and lower enforcement may be set to benefit from all of this. As for the others Ghost towns?
  11. Just a thought, The Gov is thinking of paying carbon credits for camel hunters, How about some carbon credits for Camel toe??
  12. Maybe people are realising that Australia is a lovely place to visit but not so great to live?

13. great place to live, just to fucken expensive, we have to highest mortgages in the world
  14. considering it says 'short term' is it more to do with people who are not citizens that need to return for visa requirements or after a holiday more so then an actual true display of who is getting fed up with the prices and pissing off overseas?
  15. ....and at the same time, most of our work is being outsourced overseas !
    Take Qantas' maintenance, (most) Telecommunications Help-lines (India !), Mortgages (as Goz mentioned)..even closer to home..the sale (ridiculous) prices of bikes in our very own country compared to overseas...

Australia is going down the gurgler..... !
  16. Isn't that a contradiction? It either is or it isn't. For me it isn't.