Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Overflowing fuel on gsx250f

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by ekat90, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Riding away till I started to notice some fuel leaking out of overflow tubes, I had a closer look to which tube was leaking and tried to trace where the tube ends up, I noticed it leads towards the middle to the back side of the motorbike, I'm guessing it goes too the fuel tank? when i first started noticing the leaking I researched and thought it might be the needles and seats in the bowl but the overflow tube connected to them aren't leaking so the only cause is this thicker tube, can anyone please push me into the right direction to fixing this problem? I really want to get back on my bike :-({|=

Here are some images

2. Could be either of the fuel hoses that is connected between the carbies/fuel pump and fuel pump/fuel tank.

Assuming you are not talking about the little overflow tubes on the bottom of the bike, one of which is connected to the catch tray at the fuel cap, so when you overfill it, it flows out of this tube.
  3. Yes thats correct its the over flow from the tank, I hope its just the hose, the access to where the hose leads is very confined i think i need to start removing more of my bike to see it :(