Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Overdue rent

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by van, Jul 17, 2006.

1. So my rent's due on the 21st, and I *may* not have the funds until the 26th. Am I in deep shit?

The lease is through a real estate agent (as opposed to a private lease directly with the homeowner), if that's relevant info.

2. Call them and let them know before hand. Usually REAs are ok *if* you let them know about things like this beforehand. Just letting it go and not telling them until they come asking for the $$ is when (bad) stuff can happen :)

Just let them know the details and don't make it a regular thing ;)

3. long as you call them its no big deal :)

4. Haha, fair enough. Thanks :)

5. How long have you been renting there and how many times have you been late? We always pay our rent late, mainly just as they insist on not doing DD, they are yet to complain.

6. I have a unit I rent out through a property manager.
    A gay couple rent it, not that theres anything wrong with that (Seinfeld moment :p). I tell you what, they are always on time and keep the place so damn neat and tidy ! :LOL:

I don't care what they do by themselves as long as the rent is on time.

If your with a realestate agent, give them early notice they are pretty understanding.

7. if you check your renters handbook it tells you that you have 7 days grace in which to pay, but it would only be polite and propor to inform them (and less likely they will get shirty with you about it)

8. Ah that's good news then! Thanks man :D