Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Outroduction...

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Conorkc, Feb 10, 2015.

1. So it looks like my time here in Australia has come to an end. As some of you I have met might remember, I was moved on to a casual contract before Christmas and that contract is up and there will be no renewal. I have been looking for work, but the fact I am on a 457 VISA means many companies don't want the hassle of going through sponsorship. This means I have to leave Australia and return to Ireland.

I have been selling off my furniture, appliances etc over the past few days and I have put my bike on Bike sales on Sunday. My flights are booked for the 1st March, a date that seems to be racing towards me with a frightening pace. It has been a stressful couple of months, but now that the decision to go home has been made I am now focused on looking forward to getting home and moving on with the next stage of my life.

Here in Australia has been the first time that I have done any serious riding on the road. In the past 12 months I have easily covered 25,000 km on by motorcycle. The information, advice and help I have received from Netrider has been fantastic. The ride-outs I was on were great fun, as well as being well organised, friendly and welcoming. I will really miss the people I have met, and will fondly remember the good times I have had here.

Thanks for everything Netrider, I will soon not be a physical presence here in Australia but I will check in from wherever I end up to keep up on happenings.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Good luck with the move back and keep in touch,

3. ConorkcConorkc Oz's loss! Nice meeting and riding with you as well.
    You can still keep in touch on NR.
    Safe travels back to Eire.
    Saol fada agus breac- shlainte chugat!:cat:

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Great to have met you, mate, and all the best with the next stage of your life. Maybe you can post some Irish Road-Racing pictures for us!

5. See you Connor, perhaps if you take up motorcycling back in Ireland you can post up a compare and contrast piece. Stay in touch with the forum and if you grace our shores again then you know where to find the rides.

6. hornethornet cjvfrcjvfr I will for sure be putting up some photos from the Irish motorcycle culture :) It will be coming spring when I get home and will have a full summer of riding to do at home in June, July and August. If I can swing it might even try make it over to the TT.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Don't worry about the TT, get a pass to the North-West 200 and get some photos there.....

8. Yes good one it will make for a good excuse to visit my friend in Belfast also :)

9. #9 Jeffco, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    welcome abroad :] all the best

10. It was a pleasure meeting you Connor, all the best back in Ireland mate.

11. all the best - as i recall there are some fabulous twisties in Ireland - enjoy

12. at least you'll be able to do some sensible speeds now.