Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Out There beyond Victoria

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by G, Jan 20, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

I have recently ventured out there (again). Here is one of the places I visited. I wonder who recognises this location: The Kalangadoo Store. (The locals will most likely recognise it.) It is in Australia.
    It is on a well known road and serves up a great hamburger well worth the stop. :grin: :grin: :grin:
  2. South Australia, on the Murray, if I remember my 1956 South Australian school geography lessons.....
  3. Pisshead Pete once told me of this place. Do you have any more pics that might narrow it down?
  4. Google says **k* ****k, ******i*....

If you, you utter utter b@st@rd!!!!

[edit]took Dim's advice![/edit]
  5. aw thats cheating, no you've ruined it for everyone else :)
  6. Is that you, Rik?

Mike here. :p
  7. Hi Paul.
    You have a very good memory.
    Perhaps, I'll visit the one you mention on the next Ducati Turismo. :wink:
  8. This picture with a proud and relatively local netrider, may provide a clue.
    Not sure if you can read the caption...(I may need to set up a link...)
    It says "God's busy. Can I help you?"

9. Ive only been there once, but I wont forget that piece of road its on in a hurry :grin:

And yes, great burgers
  10. I think I might know where you are in the pic...........

Awesome Road......just Awesome....... :LOL: :LOL:

Kick-arse burgers too!
  11. In the shade of the Happy Mountains?

12. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Nice one Deyago! That's right, those are my 'Hello Boys' providing the shade for G!!

Great burgers at that store on the best road in Tassie....Lake Leake Rd!

Woot! :grin: :grin:
  13. A top place to stop.. :cool:

I'd been running on fumes since the coast, and I arrived just as they were putting the padlocks on the bowsers.

Talk about cutting it fine. :LOL:
  14. Yep you are dead right twin girl :wink: I think from memory on the blackbird I didnt get much under 100 mph on that one :cool: :LOL: very very nice sweeping corners and they had just resealed it when I was on there :wink:
  15. And why G was facing the camera I don't know.

16. :shock: :LOL: :LOL:
  17. It is just such a sexy bit of road isn't it? :cool:
  18. Deyago, VTRElmarco, Scumbag and I decided to see what the price of Macchiato's were that day. They were pretty expensive. It's amazing what the site of a big yellow bike bearing down on you at a zillion knots does for your motivation.

Those two weeks were the best two weeks of my entire life. The most amazing company, unfknblvbl weather, awesome roads and berluddy brilliant scenery made for the best holiday. Ever.
  19. but wait - there's more ..... I've already started counting down :wink:
  20. Me two bazillion!