Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Out of restrictions ... good 2nd hand naked bike up to 650cc

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by rsser, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Hi guys,

Asking on behalf of my son. Limited budget (what's new?) but looking for something solid and reliable. Around $5 - 6 000.

Could be naked or semi-faired.

I only know of the 600 Hornet.

2. look at the kawasaki er-5, suzuki sv 600, suzuki bandit, ...

There is a heap of bikes in that range and within that budget so I am sure you will find something. I agree with josh too - look at the hyosungs.
  3. If you're looking for semi-naked 4 cylinders you might also want to consider:
    Suzuki Bandit 600S (GSF600S)
    Yamaha Fazer 600 (FZS600)
    Good mid to late 90s models usually sell for around that price range

2 cylinder models like the Kawasaki ER5 or Suzuki GS500 are also cheap and reliable but offer less performance than the 4s.
  4. Hoooooooooorentehornethornethornethornet....

Or, maybe a fazer. But I personally haven't liked any of the older Fazers. Current ones look nice but they're outta the price ballpark.

For your budget you'll get a good little Hornet, and the 600 Hornets rock out big time, sensational little bikes. They bring a smile to my face every time I get to play with one!