Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by N1GH7-R1D3R, Apr 20, 2005.

1. ***WARNING: Actual X-Rays of a broken Clavicle. Do not click on the link if your sensitive***

Here is a link to some photos of my mates X-rays of his broken Clavicle. He did it mountain biking after going off a HUGE double and landing crossed up. Give you an idea of what can happen when you highside your bike and land the wrong way

P.S. i posted this in the "centre stand, highside and collarbone" topic aswell!
  2. Well at least he's living up to his name. :D

Sensitive peeps won't be worried about looking at some xrays though.

Fresh Eggs From Aldi they will. :D
  3. ouch, can he still travel with that huge pin in him?
  4. You should edit the pics and blur the name in the top left corner out...

If anyone wants to see X-rays of just about any injury, I can probably get a hold of them - my mother is a radiographer.
  5. I didn't bother originally because he is a good mate of mine not just some strangers X-rays. However i thought it may be a good idea to do it anyway so it has been fixed now!

6. I've got two steel plates and 6 screws holding my clavicle together :p
    I haven't tried going through an airport security terminal since I had it done though :LOL:

The only problem with having your arm basically held on by the steel plates is that if you "break" it again... it doesn't break - It will basically crumble anything surrounding the screws, and the steel plates can go in any direction (including straight into your neck, depending on how you land). :shock: