Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

OT: Know anyone in AV/sound & light/multimedia/events,

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Gromit, Mar 13, 2006.

1. My elder son's currently doing year 10, and needs to arrange work experience from 5th - 9th June.

His interest lies in multimedia, sound and lighting for shows and events, audiovisuals, recording etc. He's doing a VET multimedia subject this year, and has also helped out the AV guys at his school with sound etc for school events.

But...he doesn't know anyone who actually works in this area to approach about work experience, and neither do I.

We could do some cold-calling, but before we get that far I just wondered if anyone here (a) works in any of these fields and could help out by offering him a few days work experience, or (b) knows anyone who might be able to help?
  2. Try sending a PM to Stack Monkey ex Bangr, he used to work in that area. He may be able to help with contacts or the suchlike.
  3. I know Vidoochy at Phaseshift (Lighting ) Productions.
  4. I only know agency guys, but give Staging Connections a call... Only trouble is I think they do some pretty damn dangerous stuff.
  5. But, then again so does Bang Bang Bangr...
  6. I know some dudes up in Sydney if he's willing to do the big commute...
  7. Glipshitz apprently is in that field as well.

Then again, he's pretty much into any field.

I'm sure he's even piloted the Shuttle to the ISS :LOL:
  8. Thanks for your help, everyone. :grin:

I'll follow up all the suggestions - so if anyone else has any ideas, the more the merrier!