Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[OT] - Kama Sutra worm due to infect

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by doonx, Feb 1, 2006.

1. It's due to hit on Feb 3, it activates on the 3rd of every month

Read more about it ----> here or here or here

Update you AntiVirus software NOW !

2. My ISP actually went to the length of emailing us to warn us about this one; that's the first time they've done that......
  3. Update now.... :-k

My AV orgy-go-magically updates itself every day at 11:00 am (when there is usually nobody near the pooter)

Spybot Serach and destroy also orgy-go-magically updates daily.

A good time to remind everyone that you need to have a current anti-virus, anti-spam solution on your pooters, and keep 'em updated.

ESPECIALLY those on broadband. A hardware firewall is a good idea as well.

4. yep... wot ee sed!!!

i have an old PII PC running as a dedicated firewallunder the desk...works well so far
  5. <Insert Linux user snipe here>

<Insert windows network admin wimpering here>
  6. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :p :p :p :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I guess the Apple Mac guys can add their bit of "nar nar nar" as well.
  7. Ha, Ha, Ha....

Dont let the Karma Sutra phuck you up...

Its virus-proof
    Its cheap
    Its runs on bugger all RAM
    Its DOS - and it has a rosy future.

I have a few sets of disks (I'll supply a 5.25' drive free) going at a bargain price. For powerusers, I'll throw in a copy of DESQview.
  8. ooo, I'll see your "DOS" and raise you "CPM-86"
  9. Pfftt.... bloody amateurs....

Gets out his hand punch card puncher and a pack of coding sheets and waits!

10. Oh yeah, well I got me an abacus....
    and I'm sure that Hornet has a stone tablet somewhere for word-processing.
  11. He has a stone tablet, but its covered in bloody commandments. Someone broke the protect tab, so theres no way to erase them. Looks like we're stuck with all ten.
  12. i use 'head in the sand' virus software, has been running since 2001 on this PC and it's only been screwed once. other than that no dramas.

i should really get AGV free though.. as it's meant to be good, and free :oops:
  13. CPM now your talking , wheres my old copy of RSTS/E
  14. I've just realised - Vic is a PDP-11!!!!!!

That's why, everytime a noob tried to sell a bike on the first post, Vic replies with:

Please say HELLO: _
  15. DESQView? Now THERE'S a blast from the past, the hours I spent fiddling with that stuff!! :LOL:

For those of you too young to remember

For those of you who don't care, well ya boo sucks, you are all spoiled brats :p
  16. :LOL: :LOL: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
  17. You betcha!!! I keep telling management this almost every day. Of course they ignore me and keep shelling out big bucks and of course our time on patching up the holes in Windows. :(

18. As I tell my uncle who always goes on about his Mac, you want me to support your computer, buy a PC!

He says that you don't need to worry about viruses on mac's. I say that's cause even viruses don't know how to use the fricken things!

How the hell do you play game with one mouse button anyway? Open things in new windows, and give your index finger a rest by turning your mouse upside down and using it that way???