Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

OT: Insurance.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Bogus69, Dec 9, 2005.

1. So I get the insurance renewl for the house contents and I notice that there is a fire services levy. OK thats cool.
    There's also GST. Fine, I say.
    Then I see the stamp duty!

WTF?! Stamp duty on an insurance policy?

Can anyone explain how this is justified?

2. Nope.

Just the gov't in your hip pocket again.
  3. I'll see your rip off and raise you another.

Here in WA thanks to the retarded bloody ALP, when you buy a property as a business (or company) you pay stamp duty on the GST inclusive price. That means your paying stamp duty on the GST :!: :!: :!:

Its all a bloody joke mate. Anyone who thinks the government is there to serve the people has their head in the sand.
  4. explain it?

easy. they are the govrnment!!
  5. Hmmm..it's like compulsory superannuation. You get taxed paying it in to your account, taxed on interest it makes, taxed when you move it, taxed when you spend it. Then GST comes in when you spend it too!
    The whole point of super was so people could look after themselves when they retire, but if you only put the minimum required amount in, you get SFA.
    I could have more than double what I have in super if I had invested it in very safe, low risk shares, or if I'd used it as a deposit for a rental property somewhere....
    They tax the crap out of us, then tell us how wonderful our standard of living is, which just means live with it suckers.
    Regards, Andrew.