Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

OT: Anyone know where I can source some Chinese fonts?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by josh909, Aug 19, 2005.

1. i know it's a long shot - I have to design a brochure in Chinese and only have a few traditional Chinese fonts at my disposal.

can anyone point me in the right direction?

2. would you like cashews with that :LOL:

3. i'm more of a prawn cracker guy myself :p

4. I presume you can read chinese, because I have a few fonts but would hate to start writing a letter, also do you need them for Mac or PC.

I think SimSun is the international standard from memory.

5. sorry, i should have explained myself a bit better... i do have a fair few fonts but they are all pretty much run-of-the-mill standard fonts. i'm looking for... how shall i put it? something a little more 'funky' that i can use for headlines.

hornet: sif i can be bothered dealing with our accounting section to get them to approve me to buy fonts - if i did that i'll be waiting for weeks (though i must take ownership of this situation after my company credit card was suspended after my last junket to thailand :LOL: )

steve: i'm running OSX which can handle both mac and PC fonts... if you've got anything 'funky' let me know and i'll PM you my email address.

bring on the weekend!

btw, are any sydney based people heading out to the HRCA track day at eastern creek tomorrow?

6. Yep, i used to use SimSun for all of my Chinese projects.
    Should be available somewhere on the net as a freebie download.

7. Josh, no not going to EC, a few of us (as many as want to,) are meeting with Jason (Mouth) and Skuffy tonight for dinner at Darling Harbour, and then Saturday, some of us are doing the Macquarie Pass, Cambewarra Mountain, Kangaroo Valley, Nowra loop with Skuff before he heads off to melbourne.

8. of course... if i didn't have certain unmovable commitments scattered over the next 36 hours i'd be there for sure... ride well and ride safe fellas.