Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Organised chaos

Discussion in 'Multimedia' at netrider.net.au started by Beza, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Awseome timelapse video of Ho Chi Minh City

• Like Like x 3
  2. #2 jd, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
    Aaargh, I want to watch - but nothing on Vimeo will ever actually play for me (all I get is a still image). :sour:

Edit: Problem solved. Great vid - always amazes me that despite the craziness Asian traffic just seems to somehow work, and crashes are lot less common than you'd expect (I've seen much quieter streets in this country where crashes are a lot more frequent).

3. Fabulous time lapse

4. Amazing.

5. visually stunning. he must have some serious equipment to be able to process all that film.

6. Great find !
    It has been done very well

7. never again will I complain about my commute

8. Fantastic vid! Brilliant colours as well...

I've been left open mouthed when I've been to Asia and seen the driving. Some of it is in awe, some of it is in shock. Seems to be one rule only - If I'm bigger than you, then get the hell out of my way.

It might look like it works but the stats say otherwise...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate

9. Yeah but the stats are skewed by the vehicles they're using, and the lack of rapid medical attention. Even in major cities it can take 2-3 hours for an ambulance to get to the scene - and that's if someone decides to call them (in some countries people just don't want to get involved).

I've also been told by a number of Indian students that it's fairly standard practice for the wealthy in that country to actually back up over anyone they hit. If you cripple someone you pay costs for life, but if you kill them it's just a much cheaper one-off payment of $100 or so (or a fifth of the fine for killing a cow).

Busy Asian intersections are like some sort of choreographed ballet, intersections here are more like a mosh pit. (ie nobody ever really seems to have any idea what they're doing, but at least it doesn't hurt too much when they do collide).