Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

+ORC Questions

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Damo79, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Just curious about people's experiance with onroad costs.
    I realise that it will depend on the price of the bike and that it gives the dealers room to make a bit more on the sale, but what would be a rough estimate that you should pay?
    How do they come up with the costs?

2. In Vic. +ORC includes rego and "transfer" fees. From memory the rego is fixed (usual plates fee and compulsory 3rd party) and the transfer/stamp duty is calculated at $8 per $200 cost of vehicle. So $1000 bike will cost Fixed plus stamp duty of $40.

Hope this helps

3. I think that is right for on road costs, it is dealer delivery charges that can vary a lot, even between models from the same dealer, this is where the dealer can inflate their margins

4. Thanks for the replies.
    Anyone who just bought a bike?
    How much did your ORC's cost?

5. Nope, rego cost not fixed, rego different for some capacity bikes and third party (TAC) is different also I believe. We don't all pay the same when our rego bill comes.

ORC usually includes 'dealer delivery' charges, which is what the dealer charges to put the bike together and ready to ride for you. Now you would think this is part of buying a new bike anyway, seeing as they won't sell it to you in the crate, but no, they want to charge you for it :evil: But, this is where you have some room to haggle a bit as it is not a fixed Govt charge like rego and stamp duty.

6. Dealer delivery charges are different to ORC charges.
    DDC are typically not charged for second hand bikes.

ORC comprise of (don't quote me)
    $13 for a number plate
    $40 per thousand of the purchase price or part thereof
    ~$500 registration (inclusive of CTP & $54 BRACKSTAX)

The dealer delivery charges, as mentioned, is what the dealer charges to put the bike together.

Oil, coolant, fluids, battery/battery acid, labour to assemble, rego sticker holder etc.

7. The on-road costs for my new bike were around $1500, that was for a BMW F800ST with base price of $15k.

Butz. :beer:

8. orc of the second hand vtr1000 i just got was $389 for rego plates and change over, about $500 ctp\\\but as vic said the registration cost will vary dependihng on the capacity of the bike ie a 250 will cost a whole hepp less then a 600 or 1000

9. In victoria, anything over 500cc is $560 rego/ctp.
    stamp duty is as above.

full comp is another story...