Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Options for towing a bike

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Gromit, Dec 26, 2005.

1. I don't have room to store a full-sized trailer, but there have got to be other options for transporting a bike short-moderate distances.

I recall seeing a device that fits on the towbar of your car, and holds the front wheel of the bike. The bike's rear wheel rolls along the road.

Does anyone know the name of this gizmo, and who might stock it?

You wouldn't want to tow a bike too far that way or you'd get a squared-off rear tyre, but it could still be useful.

Alternatively - are there any small (collapsible?) bike trailers on the market?
  2. You could try going to Towpax (Northern burbs, Thomastown I think) or a similar trailer building co, and have the custom build you something if they don't already make them. Custom build has the bonus of getting exactly want you want. :D
  3. theres a mob in bayswater that make collapsable trailers . all sorts including bike trailers .... they advertise in just bikes ... go grap a copy from ya news agent and their ad shows all the different types
  4. What you do is find a mate.

Sit him (or her) on your bike.

Tie a rope around their neck.

Tie the other end to the tow bar of the car.

Head for where you're going.

Simple really.

:p :LOL: :D :wink:
  5. Hmmm. Thanks for (most of) those options, guys! :LOL:
  6. there is a mob in quensland that makes trailers for bikes to tow other bikes!!!
  7. If you only need on occasionally then there are some trailer hire places that have either bike trailers for hire or a bolt in frame for an 8x5 box trailer that will do the job.

There is also a mob that advertises for sale those bolt in bracket arrangements for box trailers (in either Two Wheels or AMCN can't remember which mag).