Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Opinions???

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by pesqueezo, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Well I have got my first flat tyre....rear...Bummer!!! So after checking the valve and etecting no leaks I have opted for a Bridgestone Battalaxe BT54 ..( the bike came stock with BT45 but they are not available in Australia) and I was just wondering if anybody has the BT54's on their bike?? And if so how do they find them??

Thanks in advance folks

(I did search but to no avail - if this topic has already been covered apologies)

2. Wat bike is it for?
    If its a sports kind of bike, i recommend Michelin Pilot Power. They last quite long and they are sticky

3. tyre plug is the best brand of tyre in this circumstance.

4. I've got Battlaxes on the R1100RT (though I can't remember the model number right now). They give me no dramas and seem to wear well, considering the neutron star like mass of the Blue Whale. I don't spare the throttle or the lean angles either.

I don't know how they compare with other brands though. I've not had any reason to look elsewhere. Which, I suppose, is an endorsement of sorts.