Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Opinions on these gloves??? anyone?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by ben1, May 22, 2010.

1. just wondering if anyone can recommend one of these gloves over the other???

Rjays Hurricane 2 Glove - Mens

Rjays Cobra Carbon Gloves

alpinestars 08 sp2 glove

alpinestars 08 spx glove

thanks in advance

2. they are all good gloves.
  3. I know this is a bit late, but I just bought the RJays Cobra Carbon gloves today and I think they are pretty good. $99. Interestingly enough, I went in with the aim of buying A* SP2 gloves, but they didn't have any, and the other A* gloves either didn't fit, or were more than I wanted to spend. ($220, for I think, SP1?)

I think I tried the RJays hurricane (or was it the tempest), which was $20 cheaper than the Cobra, but less comfortable in the fingers, and generally more bulky and lower quality. Spend the $20.

The RJays Cobra have all the stuff that I was told to look out for, like double-stiched leather palms, carbon fibre palm pad, knuckles and bulky padding on the wrists. They actually look a lot like the Shift Vertex $170 gloves. I also like that the fingers aren't too bulky to move, like some $60 DriRider gloves I tried.

I saw a review on Youtube of the A* SP3 by sportbiketrackgear, and he said that they are a pretty average/poor value glove. Apparently at ~$20 more, the SP2 is a lot more glove for money and a better offering from A*

Anyway, hopefully that helps a newbie out, because I've pulled up this thread twice today when searching for various things.
  4. I was looking at the SP2's, but there's an Aussie online store running a discount atm so I could order the SP1's for the same price. I'll let you know what they're like when I get them.