Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Opinions on Neon lights for your bike

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Pink Angel, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Now that would look cool...... :)

2. dont do it
    there used to be a bike with them at coffee and they copped a real serving for it
    it gives the bike a rice boy look.

3. They are know as "wanker lights"

Fitting for most owners :p

4. Just shaking my head

5. Its normally the kwaka riders that put them on . It takes people's minds away from how slow their bikes are.

6. Yeah, i reckon if it's done right it would look cool at night too, Ninja.

7. Code:
    Ricer [risse-urr] N. 
    [Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt] 

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are 

Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder 
    Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747 
    Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool 
    A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their high performance hamsters. 
    Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, Mitsubishi Eclipses, Subaru Imprezas, Toyota Camrys, Corollas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some supras, skylines, wrx' and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case. 

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles. One last thing, these crackers will talk a lot of shit about their cars too.[quote][/quote]

8. It doesn't say anything about neons there, Grobert and neons don't make a car look faster but can make it look cooler if done right.

9. another acessorie that has no effect on the bike except "LOOK AT ME FACTOR"

10. apparently hoons and ricers go nuts over it .. cops would love it too. dont mount it under ur bike as speed-humps might make short work of it

as far as I know, they're illegal on public roads

11. Dave, you really don't want to see your old bike then :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

12. The "LOOK AT ME FACTOR" is also a great safety factor because it makes people "LOOK".

13. WANTING people to look at you is different from people ACTUALLY looking at you.

14. WANTING people to look at you is normal. It makes people feel special. Nothing wrong with that or would you rather they just be boring like the rest of us?

15. A blackbird and a desire to be looked at? Hi Bobby/Hlemet/Stackhat/Princess! :LOL:

But really, there's also a normal desire not to have people think you are a tosser and tell you loudly and often. Turn up to coffee night with some low-rent bling bling lights and you WILL hear all about it :p .

Also note the older gentlemen among the group are the most opposed while the youngsters think they're "neato" :LOL: .

I'm on that middle ground, not yet old, but I can buy my own beer without getting carded :wink: . My own personal opinion is that they make a perfectly ok bike look really stupid. It's their personal choice though, if they think they look cool and don't mind the majority of bikers thinking they are try-hards then go ahead.

16. they make you look like a total idiot who doest have any idea how to ride, just to pose and look cool.

for gods sake dont do it.

17. You planning on doing regular Chap laps?

The neon lights should impress all the rice boys in their buzz box cars. Don't forget to polish the exhaust before parking the bike in front of a cafe.

18. If you are going to get the neons then you just have to get the LED valve caps as well.....

But if you do

PLEASE DONT RIDE NEAR ME........

19. OK, OK, OK..... I get the general feeling- not that will change what i'm going to/have done. SOME of you have made valid points, others need to open your mind a little. Not everyone who modifies does it to atract attention. If I wanted to attract attention i would have gone and bought a harly-fergason with loud pipes. I'm the first to admit that i'm not exactly rossi on the road, mostly cos I would like to keep my licence to thrill a little longer! and well we all know that everone has a opinion that general does not include any other make of bike other that what you personally ride, but if you then have to go knocking other peoples rides, you must be felling pretty insecure about the size and quality of whats between ur legs! so in future if you wish to bag out a bike/rider do it in the "general discusion" and not in the TECHNICAL ADVICE forum. SO as alwase, I be me - Loud and Proud

Have a nice day

20. I made a mod to my across.

I put a $5 watch around the fuel lights so I can get to work on time. Makes the bike look fast. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH :LOL: :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.