Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Operation BIA

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by the_blacke, Sep 2, 2012.

1. http://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/more-news/10332-police-commence-first-night-of-op-road-bia.html

2. At least they are targeting those who deserve it.
  3. Got yanked for an RBT last night, copper had a sense of humor. He asked where I was headed, I looked up at the sky and kinda looked around. He goes "Sir, where are you headed tonight?"

Then I went "Oh, yeah. I was trying to figure out which way I was facing by the stars, since I don't have a compass. Heading south-southwest, roughly?"

He laughed and said "Jesus, get outta here"
    • Like Like x 1
  4. so he recognized you...
    • Like Like x 1
  5. :rofl:
  6. 200 offences out of how many vehicles? Based on the breath test figures that's at least 7000 stops.

IOW <3% of drivers stopped were offending in any way that was being examined. Either you Victorians are a law abiding bunch or the blitz was badly targeted (IMHO of course).
  7. Doesn't surprise me with the arse raping fines and tight laws down here...being an :angel: will save a fair few dollars!
  8. As always the report tells us nothing of substance. The offenses listed are not mutually exclusive so it could be as little as 26 people who've committed these. That could be as low as 0.4% of those stopped. Hardly good value for your tax dollars
  9. Fugging detectives? What is wrong with these people?](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)
  10. The 500 people theyre targeting must be pissed off, getting rbt'd 14 times in one night..
  11. Waste of taxpayer dollars............more police to more serious crimes and enough of these witch hunts.