Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Opening beer bottles

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by lucifer_mr2, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Anyone got any interesting things they've used to open beer bottles, when you don't have a bottle opener?

So far I've used a brick wall, a lighter, a door handle, a bed frame, a hunting knife (tonights tool), a car key (still have some scars from that one). Can't think of any others at the moment, but there are more.

Anyone got some more?

2. fork, knife, spoon, scree driver
  3. another beer bottle. I have no idea how it's done, but my mate can pull it off every time.
  4. Keys, multi-tool, podge and of course a road case latch
  5. Personally I use my testicles and just rip them off but hey whatever floats your boat
  6. I heard once that there were 17 places to open a beer bottle on an hq holden.

Start with the four door handles, four corners of the bumpers.

Any more.?
  7. if you can't find something to open a beer bottle your not trying. Or not australian
  8. I did hear that the strikers on the doors locks of old Holdens were designed with opening beer bottles in mind.
  9. Dude thats easy, I do that all the time..........just put two bottles top to top forming like a roof............hold the top of one bottle (one that you dont want oppened) and just rip out the other top..easy.

Ive used my teeth before, before I was allowed to drink beer.............stopped when I chipped my tooth.

You can use anything with a hard edge......you can even use woods but gotto position it at a certain way and open it at a certain way.
  10. You can pretty much open bottles using most things around ya....................my fav one would be bolts/nuts and keys.............when opening bottles using keys, try to use the handle bit......you dont want to break your keys just for one beer.
  11. sides of tables, etc. anything really, except keys after i ruined a $150 car key for one beer.
  12. The catch for the sliding door on my Kombi is perfect for beer bottles. \\:D/
  13. Door latches on a car, I like that.

Another one I've seen, but haven't used, is a ring. Not the [url="http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/accessories/756e/?srp=5']ring thing[/url], but just a normal ring.
  14. Edge of someone else's antique dining table :D.
  15. Lighter, tongs, another beer bottle, belt buckle. Thats about it..
  16. I use the ring thing but I just keep it on key chain for emergencies.
  17. #17 jag131990, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    +1 this has got me out of a pickle once or twice
  18. Amatures.

Peice of paper.

-posting on phone; spelling likely fukd
  19. works great with twist tops hey :p........................