Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

open pipe?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by nuttzzy, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Hi people, I'm a newbi.. I searched for something on this subject but couldn't find anything on it.. when i was changing my pipe to the yoshi i couldn't resist starting it with no exhaust at all.. i thought it sounded GREAT.. but any-who i know most if not all bikes have a problem with this do to backpressure. my friends ZX10 doesn't seem to have a problem with a dump off the mid-pipe. i don't know if i would be able to run mine for a few with an open pipe any info would be appreciated.. i have a 2008 Honda CBR 600RR. Converter is in the mid-pipe..Thanks..

2. No. Just get a full system if you want it louder.

3. What about just removing any kind of baffle from the muffler?
    I've heard of this being done many times and nobody has mentioned burnt exhaust valves

I'm sure it would be loud enough for ya :p
    Been thinking about doing it myself but I dunno how the baffles come out, and would like a spare before I start hacking it up.

Also the last time I checked police dont care about the volume of a bike's exhaust, as it only makes them more noticable

-
    Chris