Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Open car licence to bike license QLD

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by heregoes, Mar 17, 2006.

  1. I was just wanting to confirm that if you hold an open car licence (held a licence for three years) you can do q-ride and go straight o to you R bike licence, is that right. Is it just the normal Q ride training or is there more?


  2. Yep, thats right. The beauty of Q-Ride! No need to go through the 250's
  3. Normally 2 day course, and straight to R's but no pillions for 1 year.
  4. and not allowed to escort a learner for 12 months either :)