Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by doonx, Sep 29, 2007.

1. [​IMG]

2. I thought when you do a stoppy you're supposed to..........you know........stop!!!

That's GOLD. Luv it.
  3. I love the way he starts kinda running as he takes off!

4. You know, the more I look at this, the more it looks staged!
    I don't think there is any glass in the rear window (no visible shattering, no defroster element) plus, the other rider has no problems slowing.
    And, he seemed a little TOO ready for it, I mean, he reaches out and grabs the window frame with both hands/arms..........

Regards, Andrew.
  5. I don't think anyone would do that deliberately. It must hurt. The bike won't like it either
  6. I got the same feeling Andrew. Still looks good/bad but. ;)
  7. Might be staged...
    Might not.
    The reason there is no glass is because the window is wound down, you can see teh lip where the windows winds down into the door
  8. There is no rear window because it is open. Most US SUV's have a rear window glass that opens. The hump in the plastic trim to the left of the frame is the window lock.
  9. There's no way that was staged, but I'm stuffed it I can work out why the guy was closing on the SUV so quickly for that to happen! :shock:
  10. err, he wasn't watching what he was doing, perhaps? That'll do it every time :wink:.

I don't know either though, I smell a rat for the same reasons other people do, it just looks too funny to be an accident; I mean, what was the camera doing filming out the back window at just the right moment??? Like all the garbage on Funniest Home Videos, some people will go to all sorts of lengths to immortalise themselves on Youtube.....
  11. Really!? you'd better hope he wins funniest home videos because that is a costly exercise.
  12. The best I can come up with is this:

Out for a family drive, see a group of bikes, pull out the camera to "capture the moment", one rider sees the camera and decides to pull a stoppie "for the crowd".

The rest is history...
  13. You're probably right :) :wink:!!!
  14. Or, bike is rooted, been dropped on one side before/engine shagged/ pick any. Lets do a stupid crazy stunt, write it off and claim insurance!

Regards, Andrew.
  15. Sounds like you know a little about insurance fraud, Andrew. :wink:
  16. or the guys in the SUV were filming their mates when stunt goes all wrong. that's still an amazing bit of footage though.
  17. if you watch closely, at the exact moment the bike goes beyond a stoppie, and spits the rider off the front, it seems to catch a rut or something in the road and snaps heavily to the left.
  18. It wiggles, but I don't think it's caused by a rut. Maybe just an unbalanced weight transference on the bars as he starts to go over?
  19. something like that