Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Oops an Unsettling Mistake Sort of

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Scorpious31, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Hope this post isnt somewhere else as this is the 3rd time I have tried to post it.

I have been trying to find out how far(distance) I can push a tank of fuel on this bike so I know for future reference.

Yesterday I found out in the most unsettling way.

Saw a rider I know further down the road on the way home from work so I opened her up a little and caught him up,next I had to make a sweeping left hand turn and FAARRRRKKK I had absolutely no acceleration and was doing approx 100km (90 zone).
    Fidling around going through the bend holding on with right hand and trying to switch to reserve whilst in the throes of the sweeping bend, woohoo I did it and she coffed and spluttered back to life.

Dont really wish to try that one again.

All the times I tried to empty the tank and had to refill before it happened because of distances,unknown areas ect so it has taken me a month to do
    this and it happened when I wasnt ready.

Well I now know I got 290 km out of a full tank before hitting reserve Mission Accomplised :grin: