Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Online sources of OEM parts (in particular DT175)

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by mrblenny, Jul 11, 2012.

1. (Sorry if this should be in another section - was not sure)

Normally if I want some sort of OEM part for my CB900 (say a crankcase cover or some weird shaped bit of plastic) I do pretty good with MX South, cheaper than local dealers and arrives within a week or two. I have been trying to find a plastic side cover for a 2005 DT175 however and after extended googling I have not had much luck finding a source of OEM parts (or anything for that matter besides brake pads and gaskets etc). I think the main reason is that this model is not sold in the US but I feel there must be other international (or maybe even Australian) websites that give the same 'microfiche' approach that MX South does and allow me to order things the same way dealers do.

I did also try findapart.com.au which is normally very useful but only got 1 reply in the wrong colour :-(

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated :)

2. i tryed and could not find any parts online for mine but the local shop could get the part i need in so i would say try your local shop would be the best bet

3. www.partshark.com has the best prices, US site though, so if the bike wasn't released in the US, use http://www.2wheelpros.com/ database to cross reference the part numbers & find out what else it fits.

Only problem is that Partshark don't do Honda.

Good luck.