Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

One small step for Oldmaid

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Oldmaid, May 21, 2016.

1. after declining DrSleepyDrSleepy 's so very kind invitation to ride the Oxley or to even meet up, I was downstairs in the garage today and Zeddee's eyes dolefully followed me around as always.
    I went down the shops, came home, put the riding gear on, marched downstairs, opened the gates, opened the garage got on Zeddee started him up.
    I ride down the really steep incline to the gates, hopped off, closed garage door, closed gates got back on.
    You know my teeth were chattering with fear and some adrenaline. I said to myself, you know you can do this no probs, just do it.
    So I took off, gear changes smooth as a baby's bum and it felt so FCUKING AMAZING to be riding again!!!
    Next challenge petrol and tyres. No probs pulled up smoothly, kick stand down, petrol in (didn't need a pfoof of air at all!) and off we both went.
    The day was so beautiful and the feel of Zeddee throbbing between my thighs was sublime. I had missed riding so much. Not just the mechanics of it, but that intimate feeling you have with your machine, the heightened awareness if everything around you, the gentle caress of sun on your face, the thrill of the wind at your throat and just doing riding. I didn't even get tense hand cramps, it just all felt so natural.
    I hadn't ridden since Zeddee got repaired in early April and had no luck selling him. But maybe it wasn't meant to be. I worked out that since February I had ridden Zeddee three pathetic times.

It had been a funny couple of weeks with me suddenly needing a forensic accountant to uncover the wealth my ex had hidden away...ah trust in a relationship it is a sacred thing huh? I was gutted to find out just how much I had been used over the years...and I never ever knew...what a fool I have been... :devil: i have really been sideblinded by this. WTF.
    I had sort of felt like giving up on absolutely everything to be honest and I don't know that I can trust anyone ever again but the ride with Zeddee today really realy helped me to regain my faith in my own abilities and accept them for what they are and to yet again realise that it is only me that can let things happen be they good or bad.
    I did it. I can do it and I will do it again. Zeddee isn't the problem, I am.
    We rode about 200km all up no photos just riding and absorbing it all into my psyche. So refreshing and cleansing for the soul to get out on the road. It is so beautiful up here.

I had to share this with others who ummm "get it" thanks for lettting me share! :happy:

• Winner Winner x 32
    • Like Like x 29
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. You know the old saying - "when life gives you a lemon - start making lemonade".

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Its called Addiction, And no it dont go away with age, Hahahaahaha

The second bit of your story, Shit Happens, Make the best of it,

Great story tho,

• Like Like x 4
  4. Good to see you back OldmaidOldmaid !! :)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Indeed
    And add the Cointreau ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Was starting to worry we'd lost you, Oldmaid ! Great to see you back! Now get yourself back out west one weekend and we'll meet up at Legall in Bathurst or something.

• Like Like x 3
  7. I thought you must have found a new hobby, I have mates who start something, get past to struggle at the beginning start to enjoy it and then move to the next thing never to do it again. I don't get that, I keep doing what I enjoy. Not as often as I should but enough to keep it fresh.

• Like Like x 2
  8. It is great to hear you are back riding and seem to be in a better place. Riding is a great cure for the blues isn't it. (y)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Hey welcome back you, great to hear you're back on the steed....take it easy!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Lol drunk thumb syndrome, alles is nou reg boet..

OldmaidOldmaid - nothing has changed in the nuthouse.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Sorry to hear about all the crappy things going on mate. But what you described about riding is spot on. There's nothing like it to make you not think for a while. That precious hour or two while you ride without stressing about life's hurdles is priceless. Keep being strong, keep riding and keep safe.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Babe

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Im so happy to hear that you are riding again.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Welcome back OldmaidOldmaid!

Zeedee ain't gunna let u go that easy!! :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Welcome back OldmaidOldmaid

Its not the knockdowns that define us but what we do when we rise.

And you just knocked one out of the park :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Tequila is better, IMO.

;)

Good to hear from you.. Welcome back

• Like Like x 2
  17. Great news, very happy to hear that you are back in the saddle OldmaidOldmaid, and you felt that connection once again. Awesome feeling!
    Trust... Sometimes overused word, we often learn this the hard way. But you can surely trust in yourself and your ride.
    Welcome back, this place is not the same without you.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. And here we all were, worried that you'd actually sold Zeddee and what the next step would be for you bike-wise. Good on you for having another go, and even better that it was a particularly enjoyable ride today amongst what sounds like a tough time for you.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. You and your bike are enough to forget about the other shit that happens, at least for that time you are on it, so GET ON IT!!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2