Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

one or two P plates?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Karaman, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Just a quick question.

I've been told by a friend of mine that P platers only need to have the one plate at the back, and don't need to bother with the front. I've seen scooters with the P on the front, but havent with bikes...maybe we're the only two out there :p

Not sure if its different here in WA compared to the Eastern States.

So which is it? Personally I'd rather have just the one :)

Also, would there be a reason for having just the one (or two for that matter)?
  2. you can have three. another one behind the jacket :LOL:
  3. As far as I know in VIC (could be different in WA) we only need to display our plates (be it L's or P's) on the back. Never seen anyone with more than 1 to be honest
  4. NSW: 1 on back.

I was planning on putting an L plate under front screen I was on learner license since I think its useful for people in front of you (eg. at intersections) to know you're a learner... but I never got around to putting it on. P plates just make people more aggressive towards you so I show it as little as legally allowed.
  5. Yeah, ive noticed about the aggressive behaviour :p

Thanks for the advice, ill leave my plates where they are then...one on the back of my bike and one in the draws :p
  6. put one at the back of your helmet, that way people know your serious
  7. Bluetack the bugger on your visor and start a new trend.
  8. Tape one to your forks poking thru the spokes of your front wheel, just like you did on your pushbike when you were a little kid :LOL:
  9. yeah i was planning to do that with one of my old pokemon cards! :LOL:

Well my bike is yellow, how about i just paint a giant black L on the side of the bike.

EDIT: just realised im not a learner anymore, fcuk it, its still funny :p
  10. :wink: