Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

One of our own - gone. :-(

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by raven, Apr 18, 2012.

1. It is my sad duty to let you all know, that NR Maetrik (Ben), passed away in his sleep last night, without warning.

Those of you who knew Ben, if you contact me via PM, I will advise any details concerning funeral arrangements as they come to hand.

Ben was young fellow that lived for his 2010 cbr1000rr, who showed skill and maturity beyond his years at a PI track day, just last week.

I have no details at all on how his passing came to be. It was just another evening when he went to bed and a complete shock for his family to find that he was gone this morning.
    Disbelief would be an understatement.

Rest in peace, Ben. There are no cops in heaven mate, so ride your heavenly bike with complete freedom. Well done, mate.

Raven (John)
    • Like Like x 9
  2. I didn't know him, but my sincere condolences to his family and friends.
  3. I never get upset when I hear of someone old passing, but always sends a shiver down my spine when its someone young.

Didn't know him but thanks for letting us know.

Condolences to his family and friends.
  4. No way.
    Only knew him through the forum but I'm gutted.
    Thoughts are with Ben's family and friends.
  5. Oh dear, that's awful. How hard it is going to be for his friends and family.
  6. That's mental! :(

RIP Ben.
  7. Very sad news to hear.
  8. Condolences to everyone who knew him :(
  9. Didn't know him myself, but condolences to family, friends and all that knew him.
  10. Very sad news, raven, pass my sincere condolences along to the family
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Many condolences to his family and friends. A good bloke.
  12. my condolences to his family and friends
  13. Very bad news. My thoughts are with his family.
  14. Any death is a shock, but when it's someone young and with no obvious warning........

My condolences to all.
  15. That's really terrible. Sorry for your loss, to those affected.
  16. I'm totally shattered as only last week week Raven, Nickers and myself were all flying around PI with Ben, ripping it up and living life to it's fullest..................now Ben is gone and it's so surreal.
    I'll remember the memories and laughs that I have had with Ben over the time that I have known him and now he can ride the great race track up in the sky for all eternity.

My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Ben, I'll miss you mate............................ :(

• Like Like x 1
  17. I never knew him but it's always a loss.

Condolences to family & friends.
  18. Sorry to hear about something so sad. My best wishes and regards to family and friends.
  19. So sad to hear of his passing. Like many others, I only knew him via the forum, but as others have said, it's such a shock for a young person to pass away without any obvious reasons. Condolences to his family and friends. RIP.
  20. My condolences to family, friends, and those of you who knew him.