Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

One mans meat......

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by incitatus, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Reading a recent thread about 'first bikes' got me thinking. My first bike was a BSA Bantam racer (no laughter thank you), when I was too young for the road. My first road bike was a Suzuki 80cc K10P;

I think it would be kinda neat to find one and restore it. I have not seen one on the road since since they stopped delivering milk, but if anybody can help I would be most grateful.

2. Ian Holmes in Wales has one..... http://www.suzukicycles.org/visitors-bikes/visitors_suzuki_page_01.shtml

From an Australian web-site; Pretty much we all have a motorbike. Don’t go thinking “Harley” here. Think scrub block learn to ride on or almost but not quite vintage! Hey the best one is the one made in the year of my birth. A Suzuki K10. Even Suzuki Australia think it is the only working one in SA.

3. I remember when I was a kid in Adelaide, a friend of my parents used to come and visit us ona BSA Bantam.

And, of course, Maurice Quincey, Ray's dad, raced one with considerable success years ago too.
  4. You did know that you can edit or delete your posts (providing nobody has quoted it)?? That's what the "edit" button and the little "x" button does respectively.
  5. "Ian Holmes in Wales has one..."Very nice but,

(a) its half a world away

(b) its already restored

(c) its bloody orange!