Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

One less car

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by ibast, Dec 12, 2012.

1. "One less car"

Saw this sticker on a motorbike the other day.

Thought that was a really succinct way of summing things up. It gets motorists thinking and gets them thinking about us in a positive way. Arguments are stronger when people form them themselves.

A bit of research reveals it's a push bike initiative.

Maybe we should steal it. I'm not into stickers, but if I wasn't going overseas I'd put one on my bike.

Maybe a netrider one?
    • Like Like x 3
  2. I love the sentiment but there's nowhere on my bike I'd stick a sticker. Number plate surround?
  3. Can we add "..and yours is next" to the end of it :devil: :LOL:
  4. I know it's not what you were going for but that just reminded me of one of those "lose weight now, ask me how" jobs. No thanks.
  5. Nice, but cyclists have had these for years...
  6. Not a bad idea, next time I see one on a parked bicycle I'm stealing it.
  7. What are you going to do with a bicycle?
    • Like Like x 4
  8. emergency wheels.... plus they have a bell.

motorbike + bell = awesome.

if you see one with peg's and playing cards let me know :D
  9. I hate bumper stickers of any kind. Maybe it's just my complete apathy at work, but I don't understand why people think anyone will give a shit about what you've got plastered on your rear end. Things I don't understand piss me off. Partly my issues of course. But it's just like, why would I care that you're a Richmond supporter (I don't know why, they seem to be the most common team represented in bumper stickers), or that 'Magic Happens...', which I'm told was actually some sort of hidden declaration of homosexuality for lesbians?
  10. Really? I thought it was just stoned hippy chick stuff.

Not a fan of stickers either. In fact I remove vehicle badges when I can.

This one just seemed to sum up most of our arguments very well and does it in a positive way and clever way.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I shall have to study the many locals with a "Magic Happens" sticker more closely :D.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Well that's what I'd heard, could just be one of those random urban myths that get spread around. And I agree that the message is a good one, I just don't understand the mentality behind bumper stickers at all.
  13. The big boss at work had this on the back of his scooter. ;)
  14. No, but it goes to the politics of motorcycles. Also trying not to overload 'General'.

Doesn't matter. Probably get more attention in general
  15. When I lived around West End in Brisbane there was a large number of self righteous bicycle riding, tofu eating, sandal wearing, tree hugging hippys getting around the joint with their 'political agendas' and annoying the piss out of anyone that would listen.
    Over a Saturday night a person or persons unknown went a and put number stickers on nearly every car in the neighbourhood stating
    " One Less Bicycle "
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Requirement for rego in Byron Bay: "Magic Happens" sticker.

My personal favourite: "Land rights for gay whales".
  17. I had a bumper sticker on my old Ford Econovan Hi-top Camper.
    It was a quote from a French Anarchist who was hung for his efforts.

“Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest” - Denis Diderot
    • Like Like x 1