Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

One for the backyard engineers

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by jd, Dec 4, 2012.

1. some people need to just get a job
  2. "In the name of Michael Timofeevich Kalashnikov ... and Flintoid ... and vodka ... you are no longer a shit shovel, you are glorious AK for defense of Motherland!"

3. What I want... no, NEED, to know is... does it work?

EDIT: Never mind, I skimmed over that bit... Yes, it works. I need more vodka.
  4. Try it here and you'll get arrested for being either a terrorist or a bikie.
  5. Or a bikie terrorist.

That, is very awesome.
  6. Somewhere around I've got a full set of drawings for a Sten that I found on the net many moons ago. The engineering required is all well within the scope of a handy 16 year old with access to a Chinese mini-lathe. Not much use without a source of suitable ammo though.
  7. Most early automatic weapons were only made from very basic sheet metal stampings so certainly not that difficult to replicate given the availability of equipment these days.

Though East Timorese rebels were quite adept at manufacturing weapons in the jungle without even as much as a Chinese mini-lathe
    The war memorial in Canberra actually has an interesting display of crudely made (yet nonetheless quite effective) firearms from East Timor and Africa.
  8. LOL! That was awesome!
  9. strategically placed bottle of Stolichnaya made this 1000 times funnier
  10. well the project doesnt work without stollie
  11. well the project doesnt work without stollie
  12. well the project doesnt work without stollie