Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

One for Hornet

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by pringa8, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Monastery Life

A young monk arrives at the monastery. He is assigned to helping the other monks in copying the old canons and laws of the church by hand.

He notices, however, that all of the monks are copying from copies, not from the original manuscript. So, the new monk goes to the head abbot to question this, pointing out that if someone made even a small error in the first copy, it would never be picked up! In fact, that error would be continued in all of the subsequent copies.

The head monk, says, "We have been copying from the copies for centuries, but you make a good point, my son."

He goes down into the dark caves underneath the monastery where the original manuscripts are held as archives in a locked vault that hasn't been opened for hundreds of years. Hours go by and nobody sees the old abbot.

So, the young monk gets worried and goes down to look for him. He sees him banging his head against the wall and wailing.

"We missed the R ! We missed the R ! We missed the R !"

His forehead is all bloody and bruised and he is crying

Uncontrollably. The young monk asks the old abbot, "What's wrong, father?"

With A choking voice, the old abbot replies,

"The word was...

CELEBRATE !!!"

terrible, i know...(religous jokes usually are)
  2. Ah, it's an oldie but a goodie :LOL:.

I must post up the 'Vow of Silence' joke one day too!
  3. how about today?
  4. A young man joined a monastry and in the process, took on the monk's vow of silence. There were only six other monks, and the vow of silence allowed them to speak once each year, by turns.

Eventually the time rolled round for one of the monks to speak. It was winter, and cold, and he got up and said, "I despise porridge", and sat down. Silence fell on the cloisters.

A year later the next youngest monk's turn to speak arrived. He rose and said, "I like porridge", and sat down.

A year later the turn to speak had rotated round to the senior monk. He rose and said, "I despise this constant bickering about porridge".
  5. Ahahahaha :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:rofl: :rofl:
  6. a young man wanted to become a monk. as part of his initiation, he had to meditate in a cave high in a mountain, only getting one visit every five years from the head monk, which was his only opportunity to speak, and he could only say two words.

after the first five years, the head monk comes to visit, and the young man, who is kinda hungry, says "more food". the head monk duly brings him more food. five years later, the head monk visits again. its pretty cold in the cave, so the young man says "more blankets", which the head monk duly supplies. after another five years, the young man is getting pretty sick of the whole initiation, so when the head monk visits again, he tells him "i quit".

the head monk replies "good ridance. all you've done since you arrived is complain."
  7. A Buddhist monk goes to a hot dog vendor and says, "Make me one with everything."
  8. The hot dog vendor says, "Cute," and makes the monk a hot dog. The monk gives him a twenty. The vendor pockets the twenty and stands there smiling.

The monk says, "What about change?"

The vendor says, "Change comes from within."
  9. Now THAT'S funny (even if it was in episodes :LOL:).