Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

On P's might move to QLD

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by Robb0, Dec 14, 2007.

  1. Hey Guys

    Just wondering if anyone can answer my question. I'm hoping to move up to brissy sometime next year prob while I'm still on my P's. What is the go transfering my Licence do I have to redo a motorbike test? Anyone have any idea. Can I got unrestricted got my gold Lic? :)

  2. You will get a QLD RE license if you are swapping a NSW P Lic.
    This lic can be a full license with pillion priviledges the only restriction is you will be restricted to 250cc bikes while on this class.

    QLD does not have the automatic graduation from restricted capacity to unrestricted class R as is the case in NSW.
    In order to get your QLD class R open license, you will either have to complete a Q-Ride assessment or a riding test carried out by QLD Transport directly, on a bike >250cc.
  3. Hello,

    What would happen if i had my nsw learners license and i got posted to brizzie (recently got in the army, still a while off) and only have my learners car license instead of the stated ps? ill be 18 though if that matters...

    Its just that im considering getting my learners before i get sent to kapooka and i can either get posted to Darwin (no probs there with ls) or Brisbane which probably will be...

    Sorry for the hijack.
  4. And yeah Hi :mad: