Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ON ANY SUNDAY

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Sir Skuffy, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Good morning all,

Funny thing happened to me on Sunday.. Well, funny now, but not when it happened. :LOL:

Moved to Geelong about 4 months ago and have been keeping things nice and tidy, including the yard. Although, the side of the house I completely forgot about. Low and behold, 1m tall weeds and brush that needs clearing.

Well, i was brought up in the belief that petrol kills most things. So, I poured liberal amounts of fuel on the weeks... Moving downhill and coating each weed and watching them die 8) Well, what happened next is a seen from Funniest Home video's.... Petrol run toward the hot water heater... :roll: Touched the HOT pipe :eek: and BANM the whole area was ablaze... :shock: Including me :p :p

Much running around and rolling on the ground trying to extinguish myself... Grabbed the hose and doused the fire.... Fire out... But I still hear crackling and see smoke :eek: OH MY GOD.... the fire went under the fence and the neighbours garden was on fire (they have this straw mulch that was dry)...... :shock: :shock: Running around the house and grabbing the front hose... Forgetting how long it was.. running full speed to the fire and WHAM, ran out of hose and ended on my arse :LOL: :LOL:

Fence now ablaze..... Neighbour comes out and puts out the fire... Luckily, he also rides and we laugh about it for the next few hours...

So, the moral of the story.... NO IDEA.

2. What's petrol worth $1.00 a litre?
    What's weedkiller worth? SFA and it don't burn, still I guess the thrill factor would have been worth hassle!

LMAO, your a lucky fella.

3. o.m.g. you are one lucky (or stupid?) S.O.B. !
    next time try weedkiller- Named for a reason!

4. It is pretty funny when you think about it..

These were BIG weeds, they needed the special treatment.

5. Um... er.... :shock:

I honestly don't know what to say Skuffy.

6. Riiiiiiiiight......

No further comment :p

7. Yeah Funny until you burn you and your neighbours houses down.

8. Man, that is the funniest sight to imagine :)

9. OMG :shock: That was funny. You have made my day :)

Lisa 8)

10. You banana!!!

Man that's funny. Just picturing you rolling around trying to put yourself out and then landing on your arse. :D You must have watched plenty of the Three Stooges when you were young.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

11. *coffee splash* bwahahahaha!!!! *wipes up screen* you doss ****!!! I can't believe you used petrol - didn't think that through, eh? Gawd, I'm still laughing...

12. You're lucky you didn't have the whole neighbourhood ablaze.

Next time, put the bin down the end, back the bike down there and rip them out by spinning the back wheel. With proper skill, they'll all land in the bin.

Equally ridiculous way to remove weeds, without the fire hazard...

13. This has improved my day outta sight! Sir Skuffy, you are a legend!

14. The worrying thing is Mitch that I would have done the same kind of thing, only about 20 years ago :p

Would have been great to have seen you in action though :LOL:

15. dude, you totally rock! nothing like petrol eh, kills almost everything. has too many uses to mention. like i mean, whats more fun, baiting ants with insect killer or pouring petrol down the hole and lighting it? does anyone use proper kindling to start a fire anymore? you can clean your hands with it after working on the bike. and of course, you can totally DECIMATE your weed problem by first poisoning them and then setting them alight! :twisted:

rock on dude, petrolheads kick ass :D

16. It was ABLAZE SPECTACULAR....

It never bloody occurred to me that the hot water system was so bloody close and that the HOT pipe was that hot.

In any case, there was no danger of the houses going up and they are a long way away from the fence. Also, with my many years of setting things alight I have become quite efficient at fighting fires.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

17. The funniest thing, I singed the hair on my head..... :?

18. Bwahhahahha (wipe tears)

This is HILARIOUS :D :D
    Good, no-one got hurt though...
    Did a similar thing burning out bull-ants-nests, set myself ablaze, did the "dance and roll", couldn't stop rolling (STEEP block, Upper Fern Tree Gully) whacked my head on a gumtree along the way then dropped like a sack of sh&^ over the top of the retaining wall onto the carpark/drive.
    3 weeks bruises :p :p

19. hey mitch

Do you have any Mitchelin rubber left on your shoes after all your running around on sunday.

20. ROFLMAO! :applause: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks Sir Skuffy & Glitch....you have enlightened my day with riotous laughter.

BUT....I think we're all missing the point here.....IS THE HOSE OK??????

:LOL: :LOL: :shock: :roll: