Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

omgwtfbbq, I got my first bike.

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Tailus, Dec 29, 2005.

1. I promised myself I wouldn't be one of the guys who starts a thread just go go 'omgwtfbbq, I got my first bike' but omgwtfbbq, I got my first bike!
    GS500E with a bzillion kays on it. Rides really nicely (not that i have any idea what i'm talking about yet) and has plenty of engine. So terrifying having to get on it for the fisrt time after just doing my learner course, but luckily didn't kill myself riding it home and got myself pretty nicely settled. Now, if you'll all excuse me, it's time I stopped telling the folks of netrider about my day and get back on my bike.

Thanks everyone for the tips and tricks that've gotten me this far! :grin:

2. hehe another converted ;)
  3. Bonza mate, have fun and ride safe, at least for 6 months.
  4. :shock: and then what?
  5. Goooooo bananas!

6. Geez you crazy biker guys... :roll: :grin:
  7. Great work Tailus ;)

8. Congrats mate!! woo hoo!! :grin:

Enjoy and stay safe.

:grin: :grin:
  9. It's your 15mins of fame, live it up mate. Good to see you so happy, makes me feel totally OLD. I will tell you something though, once in your blood it never goes way. You can checkout anytime you want but you can never leave.

Thats why so many old farts are returning to bikes, they never really got them out of their systems, and never will.

I also agree with one of the posts, take it steady for a while. We would rather see you here in 12mths than visiting you somewhere all white.
  10. Ditto, mate
  11. Congrats and enjoy Tailus..! There IS nothing like it!
  12. :twisted: Excellent. :twisted: :LOL: This one's hooked. :grin:
  13. Been riding all afternoon and loving it! Taking it properly easy round the bends and with traffic but when the opportunity's arisen a full throttle blast has put the hugest smile on my face. Absolutely loving the power delivery of that bike :D. Keepin it safe and having a balst, thanks guys.
  14. congrats dude, sound like you are doing the right thing and taking it easy. Keep it upright its more fun going slow than going home on crutches.

Ride Ride Ride Ride Ride. and when you hit reserve ride to a servo, fill up and keep fcukink riding../ woot. good to hear.

15. Woo hoo, congrats :) Bikes are SOOOOOO much fun :)
  16. Congrats on receiving the HIV AIDS equivalent disease called motorcycling. :LOL: