Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

OMG!!! What a Day!!!! :D

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by lil, Sep 7, 2005.

1. I had a day off today and, boy, did I enjoy it!! It was a real girls day out :wink:

Started out with a trip into Peter Stevens for a browse. Then off for my 1030 appointment to have my hair cut (finally! I can see again!!!!). Decided to go back to Peter Stevens and buy a new helmet!!! WOOOHOOO!!! (The new Shark RSF in Matt Black and the darkest tinted visor....its VERY dark, BTW. Found out when picking up little bro :shock: didn't get home til 7 :shock: ). Finished off with lunch at Cleo's in Fitzroy Street (although they didn't have my favourite dish :shock: :cry: :evil: ). I had worn my DriRiders into the city cos of the yukky looking weather at the time I left home. By the time I finished in St Kilda, the blue skies were telling me I was in the wrong place :wink: !! So...home I went to change into leathers and grab little bro's gear so I could pick him up on my way home.

I'd forgotten how good a midweek ride is and ended up doing a lap of the Black after getting to Healesville my usual way through Warrandyte, Kangaroo Ground, Christmas Hills and Yarra Glen. I spent a LOT of time concentrating on my weight shifting and finally started to get it back!!! I followed a guy back into Healesville and that was a big help (as quite a few of you know, I ride faster/better/smoother with a rider in front :oops: :? ). I was able to keep up with him...most of the time anyway...while practicing smoother control/less heavy braking/etc.

I AM ON SUCH A HIGH!!!!!

What a great day out!!!!

Just thought I'd share and make you all jealous :wink: :twisted: :LOL:

:D :D :D
  2. im confused... oh right i get it now
    I read the opening line as "I had an off today" not "I had a day off today" :? glad you had fun :)
  3. Well, as long as we're skiting, I rode up to Sydney for a job interview this morning, 120-odd kph through the Helensburgh bends and as one of our members used to say "the old cornering mojo is starting to come back"! Got home around 4 and had to go out again, but before I did I took the winter lining out of the leather jacket!!!
    I had a good day too (and the job looks likely into the bargain......)
  4. I did exactly the same thing "off" is not a word you usually want to see on Netrider

Glad you had a top day Lil :D
  5. I went for a ride down the Mornington Peninsula today, im still grinning from ear to ear :D
  6. Well glad you had a great day lil, but tomorrow would have been the pick of the week. I get the feeling there may be a few netriders out there tomorrow.
  7. glad you had a great day........i can't wait for my day off this friday!!!!!!!

question.....did you buy the helmet on a whim or did you need one? how often do you replace your helmet?

i'm sure you look cool as hell with that helmet....ghost rider style!!! :)
  8. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoyed mine!

My old one is three and a half years old. I try to replace every two or three years cos mine are used pretty much every day and (me being clumsy :oops: ) are pretty well battered.

.... :shock: I'm hardly Ghostrider....but I'll take any compliment :wink: :p

Hornet, that's great news!! Best of luck! When do you hear whether you have it or not?

:D :D :D
  9. mmmm I'm tempted to take a sickie. lol :wink:

Lil, you lucky girl. I am jealous!! :)

:D :D
  10. I was working today :cry: but I will definitely be out and about tomorrow :D
  11. I rode down the sth gippy hwy to work, then back home at 4pm...
    Done a lap of Cranbourn at 6pm to warm the chain up again (cause I forgot to lube the chain when I got home)..

God I wish i had your day instead of mine, sound like a lot more fun:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: ..
  12. I've got two definite offers already and this one is the third, plus I've got my resume in with a major copier company right here in Wollongong. Not bad for a 56 year old guy with no formal qualifications!!!
    The man I saw today is the one I'd prefer to work for if I don't get the Wollongong job; should know about that one early next week, but if they don't get back to me, I'll take today's. (Already told him I need some time off to go to the Netrider Dinner!!! Gotta have your priorities right, eh??)
  13. I will have worked 11 days straight thru some of the best riding weather I've been fortunate enough to observe from my bubble after a whole 4k's ride straight down the Sth Gippy to work & then back again! when I get my 3 days off, this Fri Sat & Sun!
    Ladies & Gentlemen let me tell you the forecast for those 3 days is utter crap!

Glad you had such a gr8 day Lil as I know how hard you work & the hours you put in!
  14. It was a great ride too :) Thanks to yourself and Jafu for the coffee in Sorrento :)
  15. You were a great ride Jason? Not that you like to brag or anything :p .
  16. As i have said before, deyago, you're a hard man....... :LOL: :LOL:
  17. Lil, words cannot even express how jealous I am of you doing this ride. I just have to tell myself that in a week or so I will be able to ride on any day of the week, well until I find more employment.
    Well done to you.
  18. Not as hard as Jason if we are to believe the hype :LOL: .
  19. :D Lil, that sounds like one of those days we all dream of, staring out the windows.. I think I'm getting to the point where I'll have to call in "ride" to work.. they're pretty forgiving... Just a quick question, when you say you are better following, I find the same thing - faster, smoother through corners, real "chase" on the straights (I'm on a 250, it's a struggle :roll: ) I suspect it's a warning thing... if there's gravel on the exit of a corner, you'll probably see taillights flash, so warned in advance, therefore more confident, etc. What do you think?

Glad you had such a great day :) -J.
  20. A word of caution. Be sure you know who you are following, and be prepared to trust them.

When riding in a group, I prefer to look past the rider in front and make my own assessment, ride at my own speed. I keep an eye out for brakelight flashes, but never rely on them. A brake light that comes on might mean something. A brakelight that stays off means nothing.

I've seen too many instances where less experienced riders have come to grief following a faster rider into a bend. Another hazard is the serial crash, where the first rider makes a mistake and runs off the road, and one or more following riders.... follow. I think the infamous Lemming Corner in NSW got its name that way.

Maybe I'm over-cautious, but you don't get to be this old without being a bit careful. :)

(Not that I don't do stupid things sometimes. Still planning on attending the Dargo High Plains Rally on the weekend, despite forecasts that include words like "snow", "thunderstorms", "Hail" and "cold")