Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

OMG not another "which bike should I choose question&qu

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Newbies, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Ok guys thats right, another silly nub question from someone who has no idea about bikes.

Both my girlfriend and I need some advice about some bikes we are looking at. We are looking at the CBR250RR or the New 250 Ninja.

We have been looking around and have found a company called Sumoto that sell the import CBR's. Not to sure how good the company is or the import model. What is the main difference between the Aussie and the import and does any one have any feedback about sumoto?

Here is the link for there website:
    (Damn first post wont let me put the website in :mad: )
    www dot sumoto dot com dot au :p

I am swaying more towards the CBR's but again I have no idea about bikes so please help!!

2. Yes, sumoto are thieving dodgy bastards, and you can quote me on that ;)

Run a search to hear the same from 1000 other people.

3. Ahh the search button, does wonders I tell you!!!

4. Search for Sumoto on this or any other 250 based forum and all your dreams will come true.

As to which bike you go for depends on your own personal taste. Remember you will own and ride the bike. Either will be a great bike to start on however being extremely biased the CBR is an awesome bike and you wont regret buying one (ss long as its had nothing to do with Sumoto ever).

Remember 'google is your friend'

5. Given the closeness in price a new ninja is much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, better than any of the stupidly overpriced CBRs sold by Shitmoto.

6. Sumoto is the devil. But seriusly, dont be foold by there so called "2008" model CBR, thats actually 34 bikes from 1988, fused together and painted in bright colours.

BRK

7. If you were deciding on the new Ninja 250R or the CBR250RR you would be mad not to go for the Kawasaki if the price difference was not to different.

8. alot of dealerships (and indeed some private sellers) still try to get 7k+ for the cbr250rr's

if thats the case i would rather pay roughly the same money for the kawasaki

if you can get a good quality aussie delivered cbr250rr for under 6k it might be worth getting if you're planning on moving onto something bigger after you get off your restrictions.

thats the way i thought of it, the damage the kawasaki will do to the 2nd hand cbr market will be roughly the same as buying the kawa new, and copping the initial depreciation in the first year

that being said, the kawasaki is a better bike to get if you're thinking of keeping a 250 for the long term, because the cbrs while bulletproof are old.. and you will probably find yourself running into electrical problems etc

9. Hey little Billy This link should provide all the information you need regarding your new bike