Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

OMG I'm going to die... front wheel lock / twitch

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by ward_4e, Nov 29, 2006.

1. :( I'm fine...for now. Definatley sore wrists from the wheel / handles snapping back in line.

Coming up railway st approching the Transit center going about 60 and a taxi decides its time to pull out infront of my bike without looking. I am growing used to this happening as the lack of concern expressed by all taxi drivers towards motorcycle and scooters riders here in southport / goldocast is CRAP ARSE... I react as usual brake heavily lean to miss the front of his falcoon.

Next thing I know the front locks up my arse is rising? I let go of the front brake and the handel bars give an almighty twitch...and i'm crusing past the grill as if nothing has happened doing 50ish... I didnt hit the pavement but I'm at a a loss as to explain what happened.

All I know is my wrists hurt and I am alive... Could the brakes have jamed on one side?
  2. It sounds like you slid the front while braking and swerving, and when you released it picked back up and gave a little flick getting itself back inline.

Lucky boy.
  3. Yeah. Sounds this > < close to a highside.

Regards, Andrew.
  4. The engineering term is "a poofteenth" isn't it?
  5. Thanks loz... its the good karma finaly coming back.

> < :roll: not a happy place i take it? next time i will just hit the damn taxi and live of the maib premiums for the next 12 months.
  6. Nah, next time either brake OR steer, just avoid doing both heavily at the same time.

Regards, Andrew.
  7. Jeez, that guy must have been blind!! A fat red-headed guy riding a bright yellow bike, and he didn't see you? :shock: :shock:

You were supposed to be the advance party, you know, clear away all the doofus drivers ready for me when I get up there, sounds like you're getting slack bloke! :wink:
  8. :wink: its alright JJ i am going to buy one of theose 138db omg i have lost the abilty to hear horns for the trumpy... that will scare some of these bastards into line...