Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Omeo to Mitta Mitta

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' started by Chillertek, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Does anyone know the condition of the road from Omeo to Mitta Mitta. I did the bit from Omeo to Falls creek in 2009 and and it was tarred all the way. I was wondering is the section from the falls creek turn off up to Mitta Mitta tarred. And if it isn't tarred how much dirt is there. We will be going through there on sportsbikes and dont want to do more than 20 kms of dirt.

2. Hi Mate,

yes, more than 20km of skatey dirt. (around 35km)

I ride this road quite a bit, on my dual-sport bike, with knobby tyres fitted and always find it slippery.
    However; I have come across a group of Harleys making the trip, albiet at a very slow pace with the outriggers stretched out.
  3. Thanks for the advice Dobbo
  4. I rang the Mitta general store about a month ago and the dirt section had only had about 2kms tarred. I'm unsure of the timeframe for finishing the bitumen on that road, but I was hoping it would get finished this year as I want to head up there myself.
  5. 35 Kays of dirt, Gibbers, Its a grouse road till you hit the dirt, Not fun for a sports bike,