Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

OMC Women - A study in psychology.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Day, Nov 17, 2008.

1. I came across this when looking for another Monash article. I found it interesting. Certainly the bit where one of the researchers was freaking out and couldn't focus on his work as he feared for his safety.

It describes the issues with researching such a group/sub-culture and how they got around these issues.

http://snurl.com/5ovdo

2. great read! :cool:

3. Yeah, sorry about that. It will have to be a cut and paste. I don't know why I can't make it a whole link. I tried embedding it but no joy. :shock:

4. :rofl:
    researchers, researching the un-researchable.
    love it.

5. You didn't read it, then...

Pity.

All the best ;-)

Trevor G

6. If you are referring to the incident when Veno was "obliged" to meet "Terrible's" mother, then I think you have completely mis-stated the purpose and thrust of this article, and that particular incident.

In essence, that meeting and the implied threat if he didn't go through with it had absolutley nothing to do with OMC culture.

Thankyou for providing the link, though. ;-)

I found it fascinating.

Cheers

Trevor G

7. Oh, ok. You silly duffer.

8. Not that part. I was referring to the issues encountered by VanderStaay. Perhaps I was a little too insensitive and should have been more sensitive to the position he held and that which he experienced. I can be insensitive. I may have read too much into the situation as reported and focused on the wrong point. If that is the case and I misrepresented it, then I apologise. My aim was not to cover the whole article in one short example, as that would have been hard with such a long document, but to rather mention one point that raised my eyebrows. Or eyebrow... (it shows more disbelief as opposed to suprise if only one eyebrow is raised.)

Glad you got something from the article though.

Cheers,

Day.

9. By the way. Thanks to whoever fixed the link and gave it a home. I appreciate it. :grin:

Cheers,