Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Olivier Jacque To Race For Kawasaki In MotoGP

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by dan, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Excellent, it's about time his skill was recognised. He was great when he won the 250 world championship. With the ride in China he's shown that he can handle a MotoGP bike. I hope that Kawasaki can give him the support he needs. They should be able to progress now that they have a big bang bike. I think also he's a better rider than Hofmann and Nakano(?) much smoother all round.
  2. That's certainly deserved - hope he does well.
  3. A grossly under-rated rider in my opinion. He will do well. Can't understand why they hired Hoffman, except perhaps the fact that it's a German-based team.
  4. I am quite curious...... He has ridden the big bikes before, Olivier that is, and was very un-impressive. Yes, we won the 250cc class, but has ZERO experience with big bikes......... If he failed before, what makes you think he will succeed again...?
  5. I'm not sure it will come off either. The bloke rode like a demon in the wet, when all the others tiptoed or fell off. In the dry conditions, all riders go flat hammer and I don't know if the bike itself is competitive enough either.

We'll have to wait and see, but they will dump him just as quick if he doesn't deliver points.
  6. I still remember that epic Phillip Island race between Nakano and Jacque. I think Jacque won it by 0.0000000001 of a second or something ridiculous like that. 8)

I don't think he is going to better Nakano on the Kawasaki though. He will be a definite improvement on Alex Hoffman (Only there due to being German and getting Fuchs lubricant sponsership)
  7. Now if only Anthony Gobert can get back into Moto-Gp.
  8. Update: Frenchman Jacques has employed the services of a respected American Indian Sharman and Rain-dancer.

George Running Water will perform his rain dance prior to all races in an attempt to provide favourable conditions that the frenchman can actually be competative in against the all the half decent bikes on the grid.

Kawasaki is also rumoured to be developing a high speed wetsuit as it promotes a new round to be hosted on the historic site of Alantis.