Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Older noobie

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by undad0g, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Hey guys! I'm getting into biking after forty! No, no! Not a mid-life thingie...just something I always wanted to do, but, never had the time to, and even less money, to do so](*,). Got my learner's last year, and now am about to embark on a ten-hour Q-Ride training course8-[ - A birthday gift from my family! Hope to learn lots from you all!:biker:

2. G'day mate - Welcome back. Nice to have you along.

3. welcome bud

10 hours?

4. Welcome and very unusual there lol..........usually a non riding family is all doom and gloom about motorbike.

5. .....too little....too much?

6. My parents were!
    But now that I have my OWN family, things have changed! LOL!!!

7. BTW, I'm working towards a BMW 1200GS.

8. nah the more training the better i say, never heard of a 10 hour training course though

9. It was recommended by the Instructor of the the course. He decides at the end if you have complied with all the rules and regulations as per QLD Transport .There isn't a set amount of hours. It fast-tracks your license process. One can choose as many or as little hours as you like. I guess it boils down to what you can afford.

10. Welcome mate.

As Goz said, the more training the better........and the more you practice what you learn in the training the better.

Enjoy!

11. Welcome to NR and welcome to riding. A lot of newbies here :)

12. An extra QLDer is always a welcome sight. Good luck with the course mate, hope to see you out there soon.

13. As everyone else has said welcome to Netrider, good luck with your qride and see you out on the road.

14. Thanks for all the "welcomes" guys!