Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Old Girl new to Netrider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by ZanZibar, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Hi, I am new in here but have been in the world for a long time. I have not been riding very long though as I am a late starter. I started riding at 54. My first bike was a Virago 535, and my second and last is a Virago 1100. Both were small enough for my short legs to get over. I love riding, but don't do enough at the moment. My best ride was across Australia to WA and back, about 8000 kms in total. I have joined Netrider to have a browse, learn and maybe contribute.

2. Hi! I must be around the same age as you ( I got my learners when I turned the big 5-0). I ride a Virago 1100 too! Great bike, I love mine!! Lovely to see another lady rider on Netrider, AND one who rides a Virago 1100 as well!!
  3. Howdy
    So where u from etc
  4. Welcome to NR :) Nice to have you with us.
  5. Welcome Zanzibar

Have you been to the Casbah?

Do you speak Swahili?
  6. Hello and welcome from another older beginner :)
  7. Hi Zanzibar (my favourite spot in the world) welcome to NR :)
  8. Welcome to Nr, hope you enjoy the ride :)
  9. Welcome to N AARRR, ZanZibARRR! (y)

It is Friday afterall :D
  10. welcome to NR :) am sure you'll blend in well
  11. Hello Zans, and welcome. I was going to point you towards ametha elf, but she found you first. LOL.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Yay, welcome fellow lady rider :)
  13. Are you hot dear?
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Finally!!!
  15. [MENTION=34918]87crisis[/MENTION].. I'm hurt you never asked me :p

Welcome to NR (y)
  16. Welcome to NR, Zanzibar!
  17. From one old timer to another.....welcome to the madhouse.
  18. Welcome to NR!
  19. Thanks all for the welcome. I am the ripe old age of 67 and still riding, but not as much as I would like to. I live in Canberra. I have never been to Zanzibar (with a little z). They wouldn't accept the first part of my name so I had to add my last name to it.

I just love Viragos. My first bike was a 535 and the 1100 is my second and last bike.
    • Like Like x 1