Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Old Geezer in Adelaide

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Mcsenna, May 21, 2012.

1. Hello all,
    I was browsing looking mainly for peoples opinions on bikes generally and newbie tips.
    I worked out the other day that the last time I rode was 32 years ago! The itch has come back so I have booked the basic rider course needed to get a liscence.
    Going to be pretty rusty I would say, should be a few laughs. This forum has been really good,there are some great tips and advice which I have found really usefull so I will be back on a regular basis.
    As far as a bike is concerned I have almost settled on a Suzuki SFV650, still doing homework on that one and open to opinions.
    Can't wait to get back in the saddle, hope I don't make a complete dick of myself, my wife says i'm loony but hasn't threatened to leave yet.
    Could have sworn I heard her on the phone the other day bumping up my life insurance.

• Like Like x 1
  2. welcome back to riding, fabulously funny post!
  3. Good Onya mate!
  4. G'day Mcsenna - welcome to the nuthouse.

Mate, bumping up your cover is simply being wise. If she starts taking off the axle nut or something ... starts doing you huge favours like ArmourAll on the tyres so they look nice and new ...

Don't worry about making a d*ck of yourself - that's our job. LOL. Plenty of other silly old fools on here to keep us company. We'll be right.
  5. Welcome back to the world of motorcycles! (y)

Loved your intro. :)
  6. That's funny....I like this place allready. Thanks all for your encouragement, I don't remember beeing so excited about something since 1962 when I built my first skateboard out of an old pair of roller skates..and it worked!
  7. hehehe. Cool. I don't remember much of 1962. I was born 6 days before christmas that year. The first things I remember were from late 1963. It was sitting in front of a B&W tv, watching Mr Magoo. I loved Mr Magoo. I can remember an interesting view out the sitting room window. I described it to my mother, years later, and she told me it was the Gladesville Bridge. We had a little flat in Drummoyne. A couple of years later, my tastes changed. Tom and Jerry could get me to fits of hysterical laughter. I can remember laughing until my guts ached.
  8. :D Me too.

Tom & Jerry still gets me into fits of laughter when I watch it with my 5 & 3 year olds.
  9. Welcome, and thanks for making me feel young. Well, middle aged... ah crap, now I feel old again.
  10. welcome bud' and good luck with your learners course :]
  11. Welcome aboard... Well, I may be feeling middle aged, but hey, that gave me the excuse of a mid-life crisis so I could go get a motorcycle, so I ain't knocking that :p
  12. hey - you are younger than me - enough of the old crap!

seriously, take it at your own pace, dont let anyone else force the pace, cos sometimes there are serious choices and consequences!.

Oner of the supposed advantages of being more mature (LOL) is that you make your own decisions.

And look forward to many miles with smiles.
  13. Good on ya Pete, have every intention of taking your advice. As far as age is concerned, I'm fitter now than I was at 40. Then I used to drink, smoke and womanize...don't do any of that these days.

14. ^ pity! Of course you do know that having a bike will cause you to want to do all of those things again.....

Welcome to NR.

Cheers Jeremy
  15. Geez, Justus, you took your time about that!

Not one to make snap decisions, right?
  16. Holy thread resurrection Justus! Were you bored or something?
  17. hahahahah, thanks J, do you think I'm going to like it here? :ROFLMAO:
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Back on a regular basis? Bloody hell, you've done a bit more than that!

As for your wife, I'm with her...
    • Like Like x 1
  19. The second coming!
  20. While I think of it... @Mcsenna@Mcsenna, are you hot? :ROFLMAO:

Welcome to netrider!