Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Old fashioned text adventure games.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by TonyE, Jul 6, 2007.

1. As an aficionado of the old fashioned text adventure games (Leather Goddesses of Phobos, Zork etc.) I was highly gratifed to read the Odd Spot in today's Melbourne Age newspaper. :LOL: :LOL:

I always wondered if those games could be useful one day. :wink:

2. "It is dark in here: you could get eaten by a grue"

"Attack troll"

"Attack troll with what?"

"Attack troll with knife"

"Let's not, and pretend we did!!"

memories, memories.....
  3. She probably got lost in the maze of twisty little passages, all alike. :LOL:
  4. The hitch hikers guide to the galaxy text based game... :roll:
  5. it's dark...
  7. Space Quest

rodger willco... alll the cool ways of dieing
  8. I used to have copies of them adapted for my Ipaq
    If you really want to reminisce then you can play them online at http://www.xs4all.nl/~pot/infocom/

I still reckon Infocom's Leather Goddesses of Phobos was the apogee of these games. The copy protection included a map with the game, a 3d comic strip (with 3D glasses) and a scratch and sniff clue sheet. :cool:

And you could play it in lewd mode - which really only meant you got lots of "nudge, nudge, wink wink - say no more" type comments.
  9. Wow, from that paragraph to text-based adventure games...

Well played, sir, well played.
  10. It really sounds like an extract from one though.

Where else would you think of using 6 pairs of socks, cocoa butter and baby powder to escape from jail. :LOL:
  11. [​IMG]
  12. That Zork game would have to be one of the most frustrating things I've ever played!
  13. Yeah but she didn't use duct tape or a swiss army knife so I reckon she went one better... :LOL:
  14. Ahhh, I loved all the Quest games.

But Space Quest has a special place in my heart and memories.
  15. "In space, no-one can hear you clean"

And what about the villian's name, Sludge Vohaul???

And his threat, in "Vohaul's Revenge"? To release upon the earth an army of genetically-engineered door-to-door insurance salesmen??? Brilliant, top work by the 'two guys from Andromeda'.

Yes, Zork was frustrating; "you are in a clearing....."
  16. Paul, try the link i posted. you'll love it.