Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Old dog, new tricks

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by ScooterHoot, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Well this fourty something has finally seen the light, passed my learner's permit last weekend and picked up the scooter this afternoon! Had an interesting ride home in a blustery Melbourne northerly.

Have been reading this list for about a week, and thanks to all those who have contributed to the articles and forum responses. Netrider really is a fabulous resource.

Look forward to:
    a) leaving the gas guzzling 4WD in the driveway more often, and
    b) catching up with you guys over the next few weeks.

2. YEY!! another old fart riding!!!!

Goodonya Martin, enjoy the scooter and this nuthouse.

3. Welcome!

Any pics of the beast?? :wink:
  4. Hi Martin, welcome!

Another *cough* "mature" Netrider to swell the ranks!
  5. Ah! thanks Gromit, 'mature' sounds very comforting.

v00dsy, no piccies at the moment, I will nick one out of a brochure and scan it in as my avatar when I have time.
    This particular machine is a 'mini' maxi, sort of like a scaled down Suzuki Burgman or a Yamaha Majesty.

6. I'd like to join you mature riders... but I'm told I'm just 40+ and not mature ;-)

In fact immature was somewhere in that conversation...

oh well... congrats anyway!
  7. Hi Martin!! Welcome to the silly site!

PULEASE! As if mature is a part of ANYONE"S vocabulary or thought processes on this forum!! :LOL: :LOL:

:D :D :D
  8. Scooterhoot,
    Welcome to motorcycling. I'm not sure about this "mature" stuff metioned in this thread. I figure age has little to do with it. I plan to grow old but never grow up - done a pretty good job of it so far.

All the best with the scooter. And THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, for one less 4WD on the roads! :wink:

9. Welcome aboard Martin, I work in Oakleigh so maybe a ride some time after work could be arranged.
  10. Hi Martin and welcome...the more the merrier!!! :D

Leanne :)
  11. Hey Scoot...congrats on your learners thats fantastic and welcome to netriders