Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

okay so beat me half dead with a wet fish

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Takamii, May 22, 2011.

1. But I really like this thing

approximately $AUD4800 fully restored polished and chromed including a heap of spares ( doesnt bode well huh ?) + add freight to Oz

http://www.chinasidecar.com/about_us.htm

showroom-solo-0002.

edit - checked the price - closer to $4800 -- meh scratch that idea considering three people have told me the build is not so good

however these things are fully disassembled and rebuilt perhaps they improve the build quality while doing it

2. Looks real good!!
    Love the WWII BMW replica!

3. been told they are "a pile of junk" yet to clarify if thats restored or unrestored thats a pile of junk

4. I've seen a couple of Chiang Jiangs close up. They were worse than the 1980s Urakls and Dnieprs I was once foolish enough to take an interest in. I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole.

And that's coming from a Ural owner.

5. Understood pat - but it looks cool ( from a distance )

6. Sprung heel looks good on it, Nice to put it on the cupboard to look at, Right beside my XX in its little box from Aldi,
    Oh, Its a full size one, Hahahahahaha

7. "look at me" is one thing

"look at me stopped on the side of the road" is another

8. does it come with a stepladder for the pillion?

They also do a 1950's Jawa replica..

xf250.

The big question is why? What sort of inscrutable Oriental mind has decided that a replica of a not paricularly good 1950's Eastern bloc two stroke is the up and coming thing?

9. And here I was thinking that this was exactly half of the value proposition of getting a Harley
    (the other half being announcing that you're on your way from 2 suburbs away) :p

10. My thoughts exactly. I've owned real Jawas and quite why anyone would want a reverse engineered copy without the stringent Czech quality control (yes, I am taking the piss) is a mystery for far subtler minds than mine.

11. Just a question: Are you interested in riding the thing, or simply draping the young helmet model with the big boobies over it for a pictorial?

12. can I ride both? ba dum! ;)