Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

OK, who bought my leathers?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by rc36, Jul 26, 2012.

1. After my accident in 2010 I sold all my gear and a nice guy who I THINK was from Tarcutta, possibly an NR member, it's all a bit blurry now, bought my 2-piece leathers. I would like to contact him if I could but I can't remember enough details. I'm hoping that this post may help. Thanks again.

2. Why? What did you leave in the pockets? Lol

3. Cheeky!

4. Do you want them back?

5. Talk about finding a needle in a haystack.

good luck though.

6. Just hope that they bought them to use on a motorcycle, and not because of some sort of fetish....:p

7. How are you holding up, you healed now or have some residual stuff going on?

8. Still healing, mate, going back to school a little. Plenty of residual stuff, but I was told it was going to be a slow process!!

9. Good luck. Well always make some room here for returned...nutters!

10. I've got your leather........boots and gloves.......just saying.

Good gear BTW....still going strong :applause:. Hope you find your gear (old)

11. #11 muga, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 1

12. cheers, heal well.

13. Just out of curiosity, why do you ask? Do you want them back or just trying to remember?

14.  Top
  15.  Top
  16. Dunno, but they've sent me a receipt, and an email asking for my sizing chart, so in a week or two I'll let you know :LOL:

Seriously, I can't justify the expense of a brand-name set of leathers, and I don't ride twisties all the time or do track days, so I think they'll do!

17. I think it was OzMotorcycleLeathers here who explained the three grains of leather. Top grain is pretty darn good and not super cheap. Colouring it non black in a way that will wear well is not cheap either. I hope you get something you can rely on Hornet.

18. Well if they turn out to be not so good, they guarantee that you can return them for a refund, so hopefully I won't have to claim on that

I looked at ozmotorcycleleathers stuff, but it's like $1,400, that's about half what I paid for the bike :LOL:

19. You do have to be careful with Chinese eBay sellers and their tendency to simply use phrases without really understanding (or caring) about whether they're technically accurate or not.

My favourite are the sellers that do cases for mobile devices in either "leather" or "genuine leather" (the "leather" option in fact being vinyl). My guess is it'd be a lower grade leather, and the "CE approved" armour has probably only passed one of the CE standards for dye colourfastness or similar (that's certainly the only approval a lot of Chinese gloves have).