Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ok, not to sound like a whinger, but...

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by pax, Jun 10, 2008.

1. I have just joined and have already received some friendly welcome posts - cheers for that! Anyway, I joined because I just got my L's and am looking at purchasing my first bike and appreciate the wealth of advice available here. I've found a bike I like in the Classifieds on this site but can't post in the thread and can't personal message the seller. I have also read the terms and conditions and realise I can't post pointless posts to reach a particular required post count so I can post on the Classifieds Forum. That leaves 2 members missing opportunities - 1 to a possible sale, and 1 to a possible first bike purchase.

Anyway, if there is an easier way I have overlooked, please advise me!

Thanks guys.

2. Post something useful perhaps.

3. Yep
    Quit whinging. :p

4. Wow, not one helpful response.

5. If you become a member, you can post up your interest in the "classifieds" forums...

6. rip some completely pointless off the net that could be interesting and post it in off-topic

i realise that you feel you don't really have anything to contribute at this time to the forum because you have little knowledge about bikes, but there are thiongs you can do, like post on birthday threads, and welcomes, but off topic you can quickly get your post count up

anyway welcome to NR, hope you don't continue to see the forum in such a negative way, any questions or concerns with riding you may have check the new riders threads or bung up a new question

it won't take long enjoy :grin:

7. +1 to what "Wallace" said.

Members are allowed to post in the classified section. Memberships cost $10 and last a lifetime. Excellent value for getting a bargain in the classifieds section.

8. 1. Introduce yourself in the welcome thread, as people say hi reply to each one individually - worth at least 10 posts
    2. Post your thoughts about something you're wondering about, etc. and reply to smoe of the posts, worth at least 5 more

Thats enough, not hard :D

9. Not true, they gave you something else to whinge about and moved you 1 post closer to your goal.

10. Cheers guys, qbnspeedfreak - you summed up exaclty what I was thinking. I'll take on board the advice.

(Jeers to JD for another unhelpful & rather unwelcoming response)

11. +1 go say welcome to a bunch of people - make others feel welcome, get to know a coupla people, get a warm fuzzy feeling and you'll be able to do what you wanna do. Happy days...ah yess...happy days...

12. Which gave you yet another chance to whinge and add 1 more post :p

13. It's clear you can't even be bothered to contribute... but NR has to bend to suit your point of view...!?

Pax, sorry Netrider didn't bend to your self indulgent, self entitled, self serving point of view. Perhaps you could go and set up a motorcycling site so you can run it the way you want to... or you could return some of the "wealth of advice" you so appreciated and stick around and your goal would be achieved soon enough.

Welcome to NR by the way...

14. [quote="robsalvv]
    It's clear you can't even be bothered to contribute... but NR has to bend to suit your point of view...!?

Pax, sorry Netrider didn't bend to your self indulgent, self entitled, self serving point of view. Perhaps you could go and set up a motorcycling site so you can run it the way you want to... or you could return some of the "wealth of advice" you so appreciated and stick around and your goal would be achieved soon enough.

Welcome to NR by the way...[/quote]

Is this a riding enthusiast site, or a flaming site? I'm dumbfounded by the wankers on this thread - hopefully not indicative of the forum. Oh, well thanks for the post count.

15. Whoah dude! :shock: What's with the agro-ness? People here just tend to take take the micky out of each other - no harm done! :p

Welcome by the way, from one newbie to another. If it helps, you can always ask questions/ add your questions to other posters' questions in the New Riders section :)

xoxo
    R

16. Welcome to Netrider, Pax. Like you, I am new to posting here and had to get my post numbers up to pm someone but found this easy enough to do by responding to a couple of posts and starting a small thread.
    Not sure my input was all that valuable but it didn't take long to reach the target.

Hope you find the site as valuable as I do, but for god's sake don't arc up so quick !! :LOL:

17. Pax, I was tempted to say welcome to you but now I'll say st!ck it up ya 4rse!

18. Fark me, how thin is your skin. :LOL: Perhaps you're not cut out for the web? :-k :LOL: You've received a fair response to your (can we do it my way) question. What aren't you getting mate?

Do you enter someone's place as a guest and demand it be changed to suit your particular wants?

Would you like a visitor entering your home and telling YOU how you should rearrange it to suit them?

:-k

I hope the answer is No and No.

But you came onto Netrider, got the tiniest of sprays (barely a flame really) after telling NR how you'd like it run, and everyone else is the wanker?? :LOL:

The question in your OP has been answered correctly. It didn't meet your needs. Suck it up.

Good luck with buying a bike.

19. to be fair i wouldn't say he was asking for NR to change, but didn't see himself as having anything to really contribute (as he has very little knowledge when it comes to motorcycles), and didn't want to post whore with worthless tripe, i took it as him asking for advice on what to do to minimse his worthless posts as the terms and conditions state not to do it

it was a fair question, not one of these left glove or right glove first type questions that keep appearing more frequently on the forums, he wasn't being a smartass, but recieved very little constructive input from the majority easy up guys