Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Oil top up level on cbr250rr

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by dan22, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Excuse my lack of knowledge, but could someone provide me advise on what level to top up the oil on a cbr250rr. there are two ridges on the dipstick. However I am not sure upto which one I should be filling up.

I generally hear either a tappet or valve clicking noise, is this normal or caused due to lack of oil?

2. Hey mate, not too sure on the cbr250 but on a car the first ridge is the minimum and the top is max. It should be fine when its in the middle of the two ridges :) At what sort of rev range do you hear the tappet sounds?
  3. I would fill it to the top ridge. Normally this is the maximum operating amount and the bottom is the minimum operating amount.

My FZR250 actually has a small round window in the side of the sump to actually visually inspect and see the engine oil level!
  4. and another hint, make sure bike is upright and not on its stand when checking your oil level.